Tuesday, February 17, 2009

photo project

last weekend i was inspired by another photographer's blog (theblogisfound) to print out some favorite shots and hang them around my house on magnet boards. the idea is to switch up the photos every month or two- replenish them with new pics and start an album with the old prints. i love this idea because i have soo many great photos but never print um cause i can't decide which ones - it just felt too permanent to frame them- so this is awesome that i can change them so easily!

i bought my magnet boards at target (although ikea has some great ones too- i was just too lazy to drive all the way out there) got my magnets from the containter store and ordered the prints from my awesome pro lab, white house custom color. i also got a few magnet strips from the container store and hung them between the windows in my office- below is the result....a photo explosion!
Photobucket
all the pics on this post were captured with my other new purchase- a nikon coolpix s210, my old point and shoot finally died, and lugging around one of my huge and heavy pro- cameras is not always fun- so it is great to once again have a tiny camera to toss in my bag or take on hikes! i had to include a few shots of griffey after retrieving his ball that i accidentally threw in a huge mud pile- oooops! and a shot of griff's new favorite hang out spot- right at my feet under the desk in my office.
Photobucket

1 comment:

George W. Bush said...

Whoa, those photo collages are something, good job Kristin....

Grif looks like he's having a blast too, rub a little dirt on it big fella!